- Lose some more inches. I realised over the past year and from training with a coach that weight is insignificant and not worth stressing over. I lost a significant number of inches, but actually didn't change weight. By the end of 2016 I want to fit back in to a dress I bought at 19. Only a few more inches to go and I'm there, so keeping active as last year and eating well 95% of the time!
- Complete Tough Mudder again. This one is a bit of a cheat as I'm already planning to, but I want to be fitter and more able to pull myself up and over walls, without needing as much assistance as last year!
- Devote more time to studying. I'd liked to have finished my course or be closer to it, but the fact I've been doing the work of 2 people and some of the work usually given to my bosses means I'm mentally and physically exhausted. I get in from work, go to the gym to de-stress, and then writing an essay is the last thing I want to do. I have now written an essay/study plan to get it done and I'm sticking to it. Even if it does mean becoming a hermit at weekends.
- Save money. Someone asked me last week why I needed to save money now I own my flat? Unfortunately the saving never ends, I want to save for new flooring, a new sink in my bathroom, a desk for my spare room, to go on more holidays and escape duty weekends. Plus, I have service charges, so if I save for them monthly it's much less to deal with when they come round and I'll have it set aside! The savings list is endless.
- Travel often. Linked to the above I want to escape the UK on a more frequent basis, and now I'm paying less for my mortgage than I did on rent, I can afford the odd weekend away somewhere if I want. I just need to do it.
- Read and Blog more. This one is obvious. I miss reading, it's one of the few things I enjoy but can't seem to find the time to do, outside of a quick half an hour before bed. I've only started blogging recently as a fun thing to stress relieve mainly, but I really enjoy it, and about 300 views a day is pretty good, I think (you're all lovely!)
- Be more selfish. At the moment I seem to spend every weekend working. Even when I'm not on duty, people ring me about work and that's my relaxing weekend gone. I love my job so much, but I don't actually remember the last time I had a day to myself (this includes working Christmas Day 14 / 15 & a 2 hour phone call when I was in Seville for a friends wedding) so now if I'm not duty, I'm turning my phone off and I'm not going to be contactable. I need to start having a break, I'm making myself so ill and run down because the last time I stopped completely was Jan 14...
- Get a dog. Another reason I'm saving... I can take my dog to work with me if I want, so it would never be left alone all day, and when I get in after a stressful day at work I'll have to go for a walk, which is good because some days I just want to sleep and be lazy. I won't be able to do this :)
- Finish decorating my flat. So many plans, so many trips to B&Q ahead. Ugh, hate DIY shops. Love painting though!
- Try to stress less. I get so anxious and worked up about everything for no real reason so need to stop! Sleeping more would probably help :)
What are your resolutions? Do you usually stick to them?