Thanks to House Beautiful for the recipe - See it here!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 120 g. sliced cooking chorizo
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. hot smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. sweet smoked paprika
- 100 mL red wine
- 400 g. tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano (I used dry but only because seemingly fresh oregano is not something you can find in the supermarket!)
- 300 mL water
- 200 g. tinned chickpeas (drained weight), rinsed
- 500 g. skinless sustainable cod fillet, cut into large pieces (I used cod loin)
- a good pinch of caster sugar
- a good pinch of crushed dried chillies
- a handful of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chorizo over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes until just starting to become crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan along with the hot and sweet paprikas and the crushed chilli. Cook for 8–10 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Add the red wine, tomatoes, oregano, water and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Return the chorizo to the pan and add the chickpeas and the pieces of cod. Bubble gently for 3–4 minutes until the cod is just cooked. Taste and add more seasoning, if needed. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.